Thursday, October 15, 2015

28mm Empress Modern US Army Figure in ACU

I have been working on a Platoon of 28mm figures.  These will be used in multiple games - Skirmish Sangin, Force on Force, Danger Close, etc.
The figures are from Empress Miniatures and I am very impressed with the quality of the sculpts.
After priming I base coat them with Vallejo Green Gray (886).
I then gave a wash of Citadel Nuln Oil.
Followed this with a heavy dry brush of Green Gray over the entire figure.  I followed by a light dry brush of Green Grey mixed 50/50 with Sky Grey (154) just on the uniform areas.
I then used a 50/50 mix of Green Gray and US Dark Green (95).  I used this to paint all the PALS and other webbing.  I wanted to just have a bit more contrast between uniform and MOLLE gear, and in my experience the MOLLE fabric and the webbing itself fade at different rates.
I then used an old worn out, short haired, fine brush to stipple Sky Grey and Buff (120) everywhere.
To me, this works fairly well for 28mm figures at arms length.

I used Iraqi Sand (124) on the boots, US Dark Green for the 550 cord laces, and then a wash of Citadel Agrax Earthshade.

Vallejo Skin for the skin, followed by a wash of the Flames of War skin shade.

I used the US Dark Green for chin straps.
Mix of Black and German Fieldgray (102) for the weapons.
Highlight drybrush with Gunmetal (179).
Dark Green for the PEQ 15.

For my first attempt at this pattern at this scale I am very happy with the results.
I still need to base and then give a coat of matte varnish.

And then repeat 34 more times for the entire Platoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment