Sunday, October 11, 2015

Frame -suspension mounts

After completing the engine mounts I flipped the frame over and got started on the mounting points for the springs.  I had cut of the rear spring rear mounts and welded these up front.  With the longer springs here and the tock front horns, the angle wasn't quite right.


I needed to lower the mounting holes about 2".  I cut the tabs with the mounting holes off and the made some new triangular side plates.  I welded the side plates on and then welded the cut off tabs to these to get the propped width.  Now the front was set with mounting points even with the rear.



On the rear I cut off the leading mounts.  I order two new 88" trailing mounts from Rovers North.  I boxed up the area on the rear cross member I intended to mount these.  The new location will also place the rear springs outboard of the frame like the 109".



I welded the trailing mounts on, then measure for the location of the leading mounts.  I reused the 88" mounts and boxed them in.



That's it for the suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment